Root 52 Prayer Points for the State of New Mexico
New Mexico Root 52 State Prayer Guide
December 3 – 10, 2010
New Mexico State Constitution Preamble:
We, the people of New Mexico, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty, in order to secure the advantages of a state government, do ordain and establish this constitution.
A Brief Outline of the Spiritual History of New Mexico:
· 47th state – 1912
· Oldest governmental building in U.S. 1916-Santa Fe, Palace of the Governors, a governmental root and foundation
· Rulers of NM - First, Pueblo then Spanish Conquest followed by Pueblo revolt in 1680; Spanish reconquest in 1693-94, Mexico 1821, United States, 1846
· Served as territorial government location of Nuevo Mexico for Texas, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, California, and New Mexico
· First entrance of the Gospel into lower 48 states in 1598 – 7 Roman Catholic priests/evangelism roots
· 3 major cultures: Native American (22 tribes, pueblos, nations), Hispanic, Anglo-American
· Geography: Sangre de Cristo Mountains – meaning “the blood of Christ”, Santa Fe – meaning “City of Faith”
· New Mexico’s history regarding the Jewish people has been one of welcome, especially in the area of business. Our state currently has invested 15 million dollars in Israeli bonds.
· New Mexico Christians hold annual state and city wide “Nights to Honor Israel” with thousands attending
· Many reconciliation and healing events with the land and Native America have taken place and continue to take place as revelation dictates.
· There are many prayer groups, organizations, and churches with regular city, state, nation, and world prayer meetings
· Governor’s Prayer Team newly enacted
· Organization and communication of strategic gatherings of prayer is increasing
· The apostolic and prophetic continue to grow strongly in NM and the Holy Spirit is free to move
· The border between New Mexico and Mexico has been staked and prayed over at every point of entry and also along the entire border. We have worked closely with the other border states of Texas, Arizona, and California and have participated in many border initiatives and prayer journeys
As the state representative, my greatest prayer over New Mexico is to see our 19 Pueblo tribes open up to the Gospel of the Kingdom and embrace Jesus as Savior and Lord. These are still listed by the U.S. Center for
World Missions as “unreached people groups.”
Special prayer requests:
· Islam is seeking inroads to the Navajo Nation. Louis Farrakhan was invited to address the Navajo Nation Council by President Joe Shirley. A mosque has been built in Gallup and Islam was recently invited to open in prayer at the “Gathering of Nations Pow-Wow”.
· 95% of the business on Navajo land is non-Navajo, which means that out of every dollar spent; only $.05 comes back into the Navajo economy.
· Pray for the NM – Mexico border: safety and good-will, drug and sex trafficking to cease, terrorist activity to be uncovered
Friday, December 3, 2010: Arts and Entertainment
1. Pray that artists would realize their gifts are from God and would honor Him.
“See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, to design artistic works, to work in gold, in silver, in bronze, in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of workmanship.” Exodus 31:2
2. Pray that New Mexico’s film industry would create God-given productions for wholesome entertainment.
“The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness.” Luke 11:34
Saturday, December 4, 2010: Family
1. Pray that the institution of marriage would remain as God ordained only between one man and one woman.
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” (Gen 2:24)
2. Pray that fathers would take an active role in raising their children.
“And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.” (Luke 1:17)
3. Pray that the value of bearing and raising children would be recognized and embraced.
“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.” (Ps 127:3)
4. Pray that the generation coming forth will be led by the Holy Spirit and have the courage and faith of Joshua and Caleb.
“All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.” (Isa 54:13)
Joshua and Caleb said to the people of Israel, “The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good. If the LORD is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. Only do not rebel against the LORD. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will devour them. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them.” Numbers 14:7-9
Sunday, December 5, 2010: Religion
1. Pray for a greater revelation and experience of God’s kingdom throughout all congregations in New Mexico.
“And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.” (Mat 4:23)
2. Pray that God would grant His Church, as He did Joseph and Daniel, divine wisdom and strategies to engage culture with answers to questions and solutions to the real problems in New Mexico.
….” young men in whom there was no blemish, but good-looking, gifted in all wisdom, possessing knowledge and quick to understand, who had ability to serve in the king’s palace, and whom they might teach the language and literature of the Chaldeans.“ (Dan 1:4)
3. Pray that a desire for radical surrender and abandonment to Jesus Christ will invade the culture of the church.
“And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.” Luke 14:27
Monday, December 6, 2010: Business
1. Pray for an acceleration of New Mexico’s businesses and economy.
“And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. (Deut 28:13-14)
2. Pray for a wealth transference of an economic shift into righteous hands.
“And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.” (Deut 8:18)
Tuesday, December 7, 2010: Government
1. Pray for all in authority
“I exhort therefore, that, first of all supplications, prayers, intercessions and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” (1 Tim 2:1-2)
2. Pray that corruption by government officials would be exposed and brought to justice.
“When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Ps 11:3)
And (Ps 94)
3. Pray that the New Mexico Constitution would be honored and upheld by the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of our government.
Wednesday, December 7, 2010: Education
1. Pray that righteous curriculum would be selected for teaching thus defeating humanism.
“And ye shall teach your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” (Deut 11:19)
2. Pray that teachers would not be inhibited from promoting and upholding righteous standards.
18 So they called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. 19 But Peter and John answered and said to them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge.” Acts 4:18, 19
Thursday, December 8, 2010: Media
1. Pray that New Mexico’s media would report news from a Kingdom perspective.
“He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.” (Deut 32:4)
2. Pray that our news networks, newspapers, blogs and other media methods would have God’s agenda and would be culturally relevant and competitive with secular sources.
“Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you. (1 Sam 12:24)
Prophetic words to war with–
I said, “Lord, why has Satan bothered to put such a pocket of occult into New Mexico.” And He said that Santa Fe is such a convergence of occult power, psychic power, new age power, crystals, Wicca, paganism. The Lord spoke to me and said because New Mexico is the hiding place of my power. And Satan is very, very, afraid of the authority and anointing of miracles and the glory that I am going to pour through this state. So he has had to demonize it. I tell you, because of the prayers that have come out of here the kingdom of Satan is shaken! When He comes you are going to see glory pour out, because the Lord has showed me there is going to be a massive revival that comes out of this state — one that they will write about in history books. A sign on the highway out of Albuquerque said, “New Mexico, Capital for the most nuclear energy.” I said wow! This is good because you see these are shadows and types. So we are just going to make you the biggest bomb ever to be dropped on Satan’s kingdom. I tell you, you are his worst nightmare.
No longer will New Mexico be known as the place to come and hear from the occult, but it will be known as the place to hear the voice of God. It will be known as a place to receive revelation and wisdom from the Holy Spirit.
I believe I have seen violence coming on the reservations in an escalated way. We have to pray for the reservations, we need to pray for the people. We need to pray, we need to go, we need to give, we need to change things. We need to be proactive.
Dutch Sheets: (from the 50 state tour)
He stated they felt they were to begin the 50 state tour in New Mexico because the oldest recorded civilizations in our nation are in that region. He further stated New Mexico has had a spirit of isolation upon it. The “Land of Enchantment” as this state is known, has a very supernatural atmosphere that actually creates a ceiling against the move of God. We declare that the “Jesus of Nazareth blood bought prophetic people” would arise in New Mexico, having greater wisdom than the supernatural forces presently operating there. The following prophecy came forth: “The moving of My Spirit is on this land, and the first fruits of My Spirit will be manifested here. There will be an outbreak of the supernatural, with a first fruit’s demonstration of miracles. Welcome My Spirit, for there are many spirits in this land. I am the Revelator. From this day forth, the prophets will be able to sound a clear trumpet in New Mexico. Watch the winds for they are a sign. Don’t hide yourself from the wind but allow the wind to blow away that which has grown dusty. Many who have come into the supernatural, but not by My Spirit, will now come into My Kingdom. I will bring in the witches and the warlocks, and a great conversion of those that have experienced the supernatural dimension of the enemy. I am getting ready to bring them in and raise up prophets in your midst. I am releasing mysteries, strategies and revelation. Cry out for the leaders of this state to receive the prophetic mantle. New Mexico will surprise the nation! The hidden will be revealed. A supernatural “something” will happen that will shift the economy of this state. This is a time of springing forth in New Mexico. Have faith for the pueblos for I will invade them with faith. Death and destruction has been in this state, but faith is coming to the pueblos. Invite faith into the pueblos!”
It is my time for the river to become full and for the dryness in the atmosphere to change. When the rain begins to fall, you will know the river is rising in this state and when the river begins to rise, I say from this state a course that would be destructive to this nation will begin to change saith the Lord. Arise! Rise up! And you will see the Land begin to reveal my plan, saith the Lord. God says to this state and you as a people, “It’s time for My promises to start manifesting over this nation in a new way. I’ll start with you individually if you’ll grab hold of to go. Matter of fact, I’ll come back to the last place. I’ve called this place to be a seer in the midst of the wilderness. I’ll come back to this wilderness place, though it seems to this nation – New Mexico – and this is where the eyes of the nation will be activated. I’ll cause you to see things that no one else can see – from this land. I’ll use a Midianite to be your eyes. I’ll use somebody that’s not really been moving with Me in the dynamic that others have moved even in covenant in the past. I’ll use them to be the seer of the future.” In this prophetic state, the “Land of Enchantment”, where every sort of revelation comes down, it’s a revelatory atmosphere. In this atmosphere, I will awaken the seer anointing, and you will see before others see, in this place. I’ll break your wilderness first so you can see to bring others out of the wilderness. I’ve ordained the time and place and I’m going to loose the seer gift, if you’ll just grab hold and say yes, we’ll see and we’ll learn how to communicate what we’re seeing from New Mexico. And the wilderness spirit that we live in here, not only will we overcome it, but we will cause a nation to see it’s way out of the wilderness.”
State Prayer Gatherings:
Friday – Ruidoso, 7 pm at the House of Prayer, Call Lynette Watkins for details (575)336-1610
Saturday – Grants, call Janelle Lucas for place and time, (505)879-0594
Sunday – Albuquerque, noon, 6401 Saint Annes NE, Call Jack Webb for details (505)350-9948
Monday – Aztec/Farmington, Call Linda Spiker for place and time, (505)334-8693
Tuesday – Smith Lake/Navajo Nation, Call Pete Belone for place and time, (928)863-6230
Tuesday – Santa Fe, noon at the State Capitol Building, front steps/East entrance
Wednesday – Taos, Call Gayle Martinez for place and time, (575)741-0805
Thursday – Las Cruces, Call Nancy Apodaca for place and time, (575)-650-7863
Special prayer for Israel:
Roswell – Call Rebecca Chavez for information (575)626-7432
Albuquerque – Wednesday, December 8th, noon, 5300 2nd Street NW, the Upper Room, call Pauline Terry (505)363-8529 for information
Jack and Caron Webb, USRPN – NM
Apostolic State Prayer Coordinators